Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
Greening Government Operations (GGO)
Security and Intelligence Review Committee’s approach to meeting its obligations under Section 7 of the Policy on Green Procurement.
Strategies / Comments
- Approach: SIRC’s approach to implementing green procurement is to target the use of PWGSC procurement instruments, the delivery of training to key personnel and the inclusion of green procurement objectives in the employee
performance evaluations of key decision makers.
Management Processes and Controls: SIRC uses PWGSC procurement instruments as its primary procurement mechanism and leverages the environmental considerations incorporated into these standing offers by PWGSC. Furthermore:
- In 2012-13, SIRC’s procurement and materiel management policies will be reviewed to ensure environmental considerations are integrated;
- The Statement of Work templates used for contracting for services and the contract review checklist will be reviewed in 2012-13 to identify opportunities to include environmental considerations.
Setting Targets: In addition to commitments identified in ii., iv., and v., SIRC has the following target:
- Ensure that 90% of the value of all purchases are made through PWGSC consolidated procurement instruments where available.
- Training: SIRC will ensure that all existing procurement and materiel management staff take the Canada School of Public Service (CSPS) course C215 by the end of the fiscal year (3 employees in total). SIRC will also require that all new functional specialist staff take CSPS course C215 within three months of being hired.
- Performance Evaluations: In 2012-13, SIRC will ensure that an objective to take environmental considerations into account for all procurement activities is included in the performance management agreement of each manager of procurement functional specialists (1 manager total).
Meeting Targets: SIRC will report against these targets in the 2012-13 Departmental Performance Report.
Summary of Capital Spending by Program Activity
|Program Activity||($ thousands)|
- Date modified: