- Copyright - Permission to Reproduce
- Non-commercial Reproduction
- Reproduction of Government Symbols
- Commercial Reproduction
- Third party Materials
- Hyperlinking Notice
- Official Languages
- Privacy Statement
- Universal Accessibility
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, 2001
Issued on the internet (“
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Security Intelligence Review Committee (SIRC) for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Committee.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
No reproduction of the material on this site shall indicate that the Security Intelligence Review Committee is in any way responsible for the accuracy or reliability of the reproduction; nor shall any such reproduction indicate that it was made with the endorsement of, or in affiliation with, the Security Intelligence Review Committee.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Security Intelligence Review Committee. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- The Security Intelligence Review Committee be identified as the source agency; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Security Intelligence Review Committee.
Reproduction of Government Symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the “
Canada” wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada. Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
The above-mentioned publications are available in most public libraries.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Security Intelligence Review Committee
PO Box 2430, Station “
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The government is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The government does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which the Security Intelligence Review Committee links is not subject to the Privacy Act, the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
The Security Intelligence Review Committee respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information on external sites to which we link is available only in the language in which it was provided.
- The Security Intelligence Review Committee's web site does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, telephone number, E-mail or street address during your visit. This information may only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, by sending us E-mail.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected, and how to exercise your right of access to the information.
- The Security Intelligence Review Committee uses software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected to our web site. We make no attempt to link these addresses to the identities of individuals visiting our web site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Security Intelligence Review Committee does not use “
cookies” to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. (Note: cookies are files that a web site can place on your hard drive, without your knowledge, to monitor your use of that site.)
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Security Intelligence Review Committee personnel who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of the site. The information you give us will be shared with another government department or agency ONLY if your inquiry relates to that institution. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by calling 1-800-282-1376 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.
The current website has been created to facilitate accessibility and to ensure that everyone, not only those with the latest Internet resources, will benefit from its features. While this site is designed to accommodate all types of Internet software and browsers, including earlier versions, some viewing problems can occur when using older software. We are continually striving to correct such problems. Please contact us if you are experiencing technical difficulties.
- Date modified: