Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
Strategies and/or Comments:
- Approach: SIRC’s approach to implementing green procurement is to continue to target the use of Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) procurement instruments into which environmental performance considerations are already integrated, to continue to provide continuous training on greening to procurement personnel, and to continue to promote environmental considerations in our daily workplaces.
- Management Processes and Controls: SIRC uses PWGSC procurement instruments as its primary procurement mechanism and leverages the environmental considerations incorporated into these standing offers/supply arrangements by PWGSC. Furthermore, when there is no PWGSC standing offer available, SIRC includes a clause addressing environmental considerations, when relevant, in the performance of the work required.
- Specific Targets: In addition to commitments identified in i, ii, and iv, the Committee has the following target: Continue to encourage staff to use the recycling/shredder bins provided for paper and plastic; to reduce paper usage by using electronic alternatives; and encourage staff to minimize printing and copying by utilizing duplex printing options.
- Green Procurement Training: SIRC has only one manager responsible for contracting activities and the employee has already completed the Canada School of Public Service online course C215. Training on Green Procurement will continue to be provided to key acquisition cardholders and managers involved with acquisitions on an ongoing basis.
- Performance Evaluations: In 2017-18, SIRC will ensure that it includes environmental considerations for procurement in the performance agreement of our Corporate Services Manager.
- Date modified: